Grilled Brie Sandwich
When I said that the best sandwich I’ve had all week was the Green Chicken Salad, I lied. I got the inspiration when my picky-eater sister said that the nastiest sandwich she could think of would be strawberries and cheese, and as crazy as that sounds, an idea for a disgusting sandwich inspired my idea for my new favorite sandwich. Just goes to show you that things won’t always be as bad as you expect them to be. ;p
- 2 slices of bread (I used the seven grain Ezekiel 4:9 bread. It’s my personal favorite)
- Soft, ripened brie, sliced
- Sliced strawberries
- Sliced red onion
- Chicken (I used Publix rotisserie chicken for this recipe)
For this sandwich, butter the two pieces of bread like you usually would for grilled cheese. Add the brie first, then add the red onion, spinach, chicken and pepper. Cook on medium heat until the bread is toasted, and the brie has melted. The flavors mesh together so well. Definitely my new favorite sandwich.
Green Chicken Salad
I saw a recipe similar to this on Pinterest, and I thought I’d try to make it! Instead of using mayonnaise for chicken salad, you use avocado instead! This recipe serves one.
- 1 chicken breast cutlet (I use Publix Greenwise chicken because it’s organic, and there’s no added hormones.)
- 1/4th of a very ripe avocado
- Salt and Pepper
- Onion Powder
- Green and red onions
Toss together the cooked chicken (cut in to small pieces), avocado, red and green onion, some salt and pepper, a tiny bit of onion powder, and you have an awesome, healthy alternative to traditional chicken salad! I put mine on two slices of gluten free bread, with some tomatoes and a slice of pepper jack cheese, and it was probably the best sandwich I’ve had all week. ;)
Thank you Pinterest for such great ideas!
Now I may be a little biased, but I think I have the most beautiful garden in the world. ;p
I feel like recapping the events of my day, so that’s just what I will do.
My favorite things.
These are the things that make my life wonderful.
- The smell of gardenias. Best smelling flower in the world.
- Lime in my water
- The hugs you get after you haven’t seen a best friend/family member in a long time
- Spending time with my sister
- Hanging up a new article of clothing in my closet
- Watering my plants in the early morning. So much different than watering them in the afternoon.
- Crying during worship
- Crying when somebody is praying for me
- Clean sheets
- The smell of my citrus and sage candle
- Finding a book at the thrift store that I’ve been looking for
- Mommy-daughter days. My mom is my best friend.
- Taking walks or going on bike rides with Nick
- Feeling Flawless tea
- Finding verses that were meant for me in the Bible
- Laughing so hard that I cry. It rarely happens, but when it does, it’s such a great feeling.
- Spring time
- When my skin is clear. Although it doesn’t happen often (haha), I feel so pretty when it does.
- Writing. Not writing literature or anything, but just writing down words, or notes, or just practicing my signature. There’s something about writing that is just fun.
- Listening to my iPod on long road trips. Usually I drive everywhere, so when I’m a passenger, I take advantage of the time and get some good thinking in.
- When I kiss Nick and he doesn’t expect it. He has smushy lips, and I love them.
- Taking cute pictures with friends
- Planting seeds. Planting plants takes all the fun out of watching them sprout.
- Being in Whole Foods. That place is heaven to me.
- Salad. If I could have one food for the rest of my life, that’s what it would be.
- The Ella Fitzgerald Pandora station
- Boston Terriers
- How hilarious my dad is when he drinks wine
- Elephant trinkets. My great grandma used to collect them, and I picked it up over the years, too.
- Orange blossom goat’s milk soap
- The smell of oregano. It reminds me of my grandparent’s house in Greece.
- Satsuma body butter from The Body Shop
- The way Ben is always sticking his tongue out
- Sunny days
- Rainy days
- The twenty four days leading up to Christmas
- Sending mail…goes back to my love of writing
- My room. It’s the most peaceful place in my house.
- My garden
- Natural light
- Dried mango
I’m thankful for these things today.
The past two days have been so extremely great.
From freak fire-twirling fests in San Marco, to beach adventures in the middle of the night, to the Riverside Arts Market, I can finally say that the stress and anxiety has finally gone away. What a great start to almost summer. :)
Oh, and Nick got the job at BJ’s. :) God has definitely taken care of me in my time of need. Maybe now I’ll be able to sleep easier!
Happy happy happy :)
I found these adorable Lilly Pulitzer shorts today at a thrift store for only $15. I was ecstatic.
Nick and I went to lunch, and then walked around antique stores in Five Points for a couple hours in search of more cute additions to our apartment. We were very successful. I can’t wait to see how all of this is going to fit together when we finally put all of it in to our apartment. :) All the things we have bought so far are coming together so nicely. We may be a little eager, but being prepared never hurt anyone, right?
Nick is at his interview for BJ’s right now, and I have to go to work. Which is stinky, but I guess I can take a little bit of work on this otherwise wonderful day. :p
- I just listened to “Somewhere Beyond the Sea” and it made me SO excited for the cruise I’m going on with my family. I don’t think it could come soon enough.
- I liked the rain at first, but now the moisture is just making my skin break out and my hair frizzy. I think it’s time for sun again.
- I have my last AP test tomorrow, and then after that I will probably not go back to school. Crazy.
- I’m finally going back to youth tonight… I kind of stopped doing that for a while, but I know that God has called me to this age group, so I have to go in order to do His work! I’m really excited to go. And I’m talking to Jenny before, and I feel like it’s time to vent. This is going to be good.
- I have to leave for work in fifteen minutes. I haven’t worked at all yet this week because I took off days I had exams. I’m actually excited to go, I’ve missed my babies.
- I bought “The Green Book” yesterday at a thrift/antique store, and I can’t wait to actually start it instead of just flipping through it!
- I’m catching myself this time before I let myself fall in to the same patterns of sin. This is a step up.
- I am so incredibly stressed about school, graduating, college and everything else that’s happening. I haven’t been able to think straight for the past two days. I just feel so discouraged, and so ready to be done with everything. I haven’t felt this stressed in so long, I don’t know how to handle myself.
- I was reading through my posts from this time last year, and it made me realize how much I grew up, and how much different everything was last year. I used to have so much fun, and now I’m just stressed all the time. When did this happen?
- Even with my stress, I’m still so incredibly happy with my life, and so blessed. If I didn’t have God these past few months, I probably would have died. Or exploded.
- I want to go back to the ranch and mentally detox. But we aren’t going until the fall, if we even go at all.
- Growing up is stinky.
Anonymous said: You talk a lot about God-but you're confusing me: Is cohabitation -(i'll even give you this) 'without sex' -more likely to bring glory to God or give satan a foothold to tempt you into impurity? I mean, are you even concerned for purity?
The real question is why YOU are so concerned with my purity? Obviously I know who this is, because you’re the only person who is so concerned with MY relationship with God and MY life that you take time out of your own life to try to change the way I live mine.
I don’t know how to say this in a nice way anymore. I really do not care what you have to say. Please stop trying to “fix me”. You are not God, so stop trying to convict me.
Now if anybody would actually like to know my argument on cohabitation, send me a message unanonymously. I’m not dealing with this petty anonymous internet drama anymore, and I haven’t been for the past three months. Move on.
I am so so excited because Nick got an interview for a position at BJ’s! This is the best news ever because it’s in Jacksonville, we would get a discount on a membership (meaning cheaper groceries) and that means we would be able to move in to our apartment!! It’s always so amazing to see how the Lord provides when you ask! I guess “ask and you shall receive” really does work! ;)
We toured another place yesterday and it was perfect. It’s a townhouse with a front and backyard that we are free to plant in, and plus it’s HUGE. 858 square feet is a lot for two people. :) Not only that, but it has a washer & dryer, a microwave, and it’s been completely renovated in the past three years. The other place we looked at was tiny and outdated, so I’m so glad we went to this place. I am so excited about this place, I can’t even contain it!!
So pleaseee pray that it’s in God’s will for Nick to get this job!
Goodness gracious God is SO GOOD!!!
Remember this today:
I stumbled upon this in my quiet time this morning, and it was so powerful and encouraging to me, that I felt like I had to share it in the few minutes I have before I am off to take yet another exam…
Isaiah 41:8-10 - "But you, Israel, my servant, Jacob, whom I have chosen, offspring of Abraham my friend- You whom I have taken from the ends of the earth and summoned from its far off places, You whom I have called my servant, whom I have chosen and will not cast off- Fear not, I am with you; be not dismayed; I am your God. I will strengthen you, and help you, and uphold you with my right hand of justice."
God has specifically chosen us to do great things for Him, and He is going to stand right there next to us and fight the battle against the devil. As you go about your day, remember that God is upholding you, and He is going to be right next to you every step you take today. We have the power of Jesus inside of us, and through that we can change the world for the glory of God!